Request Types - Questions
Sometimes resolving a request requires additional information. Chasing down a user to find answers is never fun, and often time consuming.
Cut down on back and forth by using atSpoke's request types. Create request types to handle multi-team projects like on-boarding, project kick-offs or hardware requests.
- Navigate to Teams > Select the team that needs a request type.
- Select the Request types menu.
- Select the red + in the bottom right of the screen. Here, you can choose to use an existing template, or build a custom request type for your team.
The Request types menu is only visible by team members until request types have been created. Once request types have been created, this field is visible to everyone.
If you do not see request types on this screen, make sure that you have a Standard or Plus atSpoke subscription. Click here for more information on atSpoke pricing.
Editing a request type
If you need a template for a different team, choose the team from the dropdown in the top left.
Choose a template from the list. In this case, we chose "New hardware."
Update the title and description of your request, and choose an icon by selecting the downward arrow in the right corner of the icon box.
To add questions, select Questions to view the contents of the form.
Select "Add a form field."
Choose the field type required:
- Text (Freeform response) - This allows your users to write short responses to the question. (This field has a limit of 100 characters)
- Dropdown form (select one) - This allows you to create a dropdown and a list of choices from which to choos
Text (Freeform response)
Enter the question being asked.
Once you have entered the question, use the X to the right to collapse the first question.
Select Add a question to add more questions to the form. When you are finished entering questions, select Save
Select a question to edit options.
- Simply drag and drop the form fields to reorder the fields.
- In the bottom left, select "Add a form field" if you need to add additional questions to the form.
- Click the red Garbage icon on the right side to remove a question completely.
- Click the "X" in the top right of the field to collapse the question.
- When you are finished, click "Create"
You've created your first request types with atSpoke! Use our article on using request types for more information.