With a high volume of requests it is important to be able to easily break things down and find what you are looking for. The requests can be divided by status or can be filtered.
- All - All request statuses
- Open - Only view open requests
- Pending - Only view requests marked as pending
- Done - Only view requests marked as done.
In this request status you will find all the requests that you have created. This is different than the all folder which lists all the requests made across the company.
Requests that are open are bolded, and completed requests are grayed out with strikethrough text.
Requests can be edited by clicking the "..." icon to the right of the request title.
You can make the following changes to the request from the menu.
- Mark as done
- Copy Request link
- Merge Requests
- Make public for a private request or make private for a public request.
- Delete, you will need to confirm this again in a modal
The open status will list out all the requests that have not been resolved. Excluded from this list will be pending requests, read more below.
Open requests can me edited by clicking on the "..." icon to the right of the request title. The same options are available as with the All status.
Sometimes you’re handed a request that you just can’t take action on. And sometimes you’re blocked waiting on a colleague to get back to you. In both cases, it’s annoying to have those requests mixed in with ones that are actively in flight. Not to mention the fact that your ticket resolution metrics will be inaccurate.
- When a request is set to pending, the time spent in pending state will not factor into average resolution time.
- Requests you set to pending are moved out of your Inbox and into Pending tab.
- Requesters are not sent a notification when a request is put into Pending state.
- To mark a request as pending, choose the "..." icon right of the Marked as Done button. Select Mark as pending.
In this case, Monica's new computer can't be ordered until Finance completes Budget approvals at the end of the month. To account for this, the request is changed to pending status until Finance has completed process, and this request is unblocked.
Viewing pending requests
When a request is set to pending, it's moved to a separate Pending tab within your folders.
The requests that have been completed will listed here. Requests that are done are indicated by gray and strikethrough text.
If you need to make changes to a request that has already been marked as done, click on the "..." icon to the right of the request.
Here you will see a menu to edit the request with the following options. The change here will be the option to Reopen the request.
Remember to use filters and custom lists to help you find what you need more easily in any of the request status lists.