Approvals allow you to create specific tasks within your workflow so that you can submit these easily to a manager or any task assignee for review and sign off. You can now set either single task approvals or sequential approvals in any workflow.
Building Approval Tasks
- Navigate to the "Teams" page and select the Team that should own the request type.
- From the Team Details page, choose to either create a new Request Type or edit an existing RT.
For more information on building request types, check out our article here
Once inside the Request Type edit window, you can begin to add some tasks.
Choose "Add a task" and select Approval task.
Enter the approval task that needs to be completed, then click the three dots to assign the task.
Here, you will be given a list of options to assign this task.
- Request Assignee - The person handling the request has specific action items each time this request is created.
- Requester - The person filing the request needs to reply with information such as a signed handbook or tax documents.
- Requester's Manager - If a user's manager needs to approve items such as hardware or software purchases.
- A Member of... - any member of the chosen team.
- A Specific user... - a certain subject matter expert is needed to handle the request
- Leave it unassigned… - List the task as part of the request, but do not assign it to anyone.
Once you have created all the tasks required for the specific request type, make sure to press "Save Request Type"!
Completing Approval Tasks
Completing approval tasks can only be done by the assignee. The request window below shows the approval tasks in action.
Approving or denying a task will change the state of the checkbox.