Don't want tickets to fall through the cracks? Use auto-assign to make sure new requests are directed to members of a team to get them resolved.
What happens when Auto-Assign is turned on?
- A new request is created, and atSpoke auto-assigns it to your team
- atSpoke can assign the request to your team based on the assignment style you select. It can rotate the assignment (round-robin), only assign to a specific user, or assign to an expert based on the user's previous experience
- The person assigned to the ticket will get an email notifying them of the new request so they are aware and can take action
To turn on Auto-Assign
Navigate to Teams in the left navigation bar, and select the team you'd like to edit.
- Select Edit
- Select Settings
- Turn on the toggle
Expanded assignment options
Under "Auto-assign", choose an assignment style.
- Rotate through team members - requests are assigned to team members round-robin.
- To a specific user - requests are always assigned to the selected user.
- Based on previous experience - requests are assigned to team members through machine learning based on their expertise.
To rotate through team members
When "Auto-assign" is turned on, each member of the team will be assigned requests round-robin by default.
If a user is going on vacation, or typically don't field requests, use the option to exempt them.
Under "Don't assign to these users:" Click "Select a team member." This will allow you to choose which team member(s) should not be assigned requests.
To always assign to one team member
- Under assignment style, select To a specific user.
- Select the user you'd like to answer all requests.
To assign based on previous experience
If you would like to take a user out of the rotation, under "Don't assign to these users:" Click "Select a team member." This will allow you to choose which team member(s) should not be assigned requests.